ART BASEL 2017
MARCEL DUCHAMP 100 YEARS ON
- We talked to some smart people to find out what the swankiest, strangest, and most prestigious residency programs throughout Europe are. This went viral.
- Everyone is agog about the gargantuan canvases Julie Mehretucreated for SFMOMA—and we have the story about how she made them.
- “Tapestry Tom” Campbell, the former Metropolitan Museum of Art director, spoke with artnet News‘s editor-in-chief about his unlikely rise through the ranks of the institution, and the shadowy backroom machinations that led to his departure.
- We learned how the billionaire artist Massimo Agostinelli turned trash cans into treasure at Art Basel.
- Oh, it’s back-to-school season, you say? We compiled the definitive gallery guide to the must-see shows opening in New York this month, so you didn’t have to.
- Muggles the world over are gleefully awaiting an exhibition devoted to the wizarding world when “Harry Potter: A History of Magic” opens at the British Museum in October. We wrote about the exhibition in honor of the book’s 20th anniversary, which will travel to the New York Historical Society later in 2018.